Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Peace Corps Partnerships

Just a quick note today. I am working on funds for my shredder project and am filing for a grant with the USDA for support. However, there is a limited amount of funding that PC Ecuador can get (100,000) for all the applicants, which may seem like a lot but since every recipient gets around 7,000...and when there are a lot of applicants, not all of them get accepted. Soooo....there is another program that Peace Corps does for funding called Peace Corps Partnerships. In this program I fill our my project sheet (what I am doing, the materials needed, how it is going to affect the community, etc) and hopefully, I recieve donations from friends, familily, organizations (profit or non-profit) from the U.S. to help finance the project down here, since my community can´t afford to pay for everything.

So if any of you are reading this blog (all 5 of you haha) and would be interested in supporting my project (if you don´t know what the project is...read my post called ¨a project¨), respond to the blog with your contact info (name, address, phone number, organization) and I will put your name of the list of potential people who could donate. Or if you have rich friends or know of someone or an organization that would be interested in donating, reply or send an email to me. In the form, I have to put down 8 or 9 people or organizations that could show an interest just so Peace Corps knows that there are people that could support this project, it doesn´t mean that peace corps is going to contact you asking for money, but it is more to gauge an interest. Check out the link below to read about other projects that PCV´s are doing around the world and to see how peace corps partnerships works...I kind of sound like a Peace Corps tool but hey...have to get the word out about this.

Here is the link

https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.donors

No comments:

Post a Comment